Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I heard a voice calling, crying from the deep


No thing can ever hurt you in the endless sleep.

It took a lifetime to build the fortress of rock;

Protect my soul from heartbreak never to unlock.

O'er a half-century three tried with no success,

The fourth came out of nowhere, a breeze gentle carress,

Dropped the gates so gladly! for now I was in love.

Her song was a gentle rain borne the skies above.

Her song said forever we were meant to be as one,

A love too strong for life to become undone.

Then her song ended, no warning and unexpected,

A new first for me, I begged & I protested.

Oh please please take me back!

True love is forever as my heart got its first crack.

I danced as joyous as Miriam when she took me back!

I was faithful the entire time, another first for me.

Oh deepest joy filled me as I thanked Him faithfully,

I dreamed she'd marry me.

Then no words from her as unexpected as before,

This time life was full of hurt; to wake became a chore.

Not a word was said, as I vexed and bled,

All seemed well until I came, the ache of being alone.

Like Charles the 1st a week before I sat upon a throne.

The fool who said better to have loved and lost

Must have never ever felt the cost 

Of believing a woman when she says her love will never end.

The bittersweet thing is I'll wait for her until the very end.

I'll love you forever Stephanie 





Thom MacIntyre, Systems Administrator, MCSE, MCSA, A+, etc.
“The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted.”
A Chasidic Rabbi once taught, "It is a big mitzvah to be happy... as often as you can."

No comments:

Post a Comment