Saturday, October 1, 2016

L'Shannah Tovah!

 I am working up Clarion (2 hour drive) this weekend. Old folks home got bought. Clarion gig is a pretty big deal, unhappy if not openly hostile nurses. Gotta put in routers, connect to RDS, then thin clients on med carts, then down the line. Lotsa med cart embedded experience. Back Monday was SUPPOSED to be standby but now they want us up there to answer questions. That's Rosh Hashanah but G-d wants me to earn a living. I'll head straight to synagogue from there. Can't wait for a real gig, this mercenary shit I don't mind but all this free time and getting stuck working. Oh well Yom Kippur is the biggie, this just kicks it off. Per diem is $135. I wanted to stay at my sister's and drive, pocket the difference. But she's being a butt-head about a bunch of things. Oh well, the Pax Judaica was or longest. She had my credit card for emergencies. Said she cut it up because I was a sneak and got a copy. I didn't so now I can't get a room because I donna know the security number on the back. That's OK, round trip is closer to 3 ½ hours, nothing folks in San Fran don't do every day and this 3 day gig is as much money as a 3 week minimum wage gig, so I gotta keep it in perspective. Premium pay means premium effort. All things considered, it's a fine day. I don’t know what’s up with the commo blackout, terrified you are deathly ill after just starting a job. All I can do is wait. I love you. Always have, always will.

 

Regards,

Thom

Q: What is the one true religion?

A: All systems have their advantages and disadvantages, so just pick the one that best suits your needs and don't let anyone put you down.

Q: How can I protect myself from evil?

A: Change your password every month and don't make it a name, a common word, or a date like your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment